Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Population control

Started by shin, October 17, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

Usually when someone mentions population control in reference to controversial solutions, the general consensus treats it like a lowest common denominator that no authoritarian body will admit to resorting to.

Under which circumstances do you think your government would exercise such practices on their own soil?

How would they go about such a thing?

Renee

I think some of our Asian members such a Shen Li or Fash can give you some real life insight for that question.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

And others, like Renee, make good examples of the argument for.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Usually when someone mentions population control in reference to controversial solutions, the general consensus treats it like a lowest common denominator that no authoritarian body will admit to resorting to.

Under which circumstances do you think your government would exercise such practices on their own soil?

No country has tackled population control to the extent China has and still does, though they are relaxing the rules..

I am not a Catholic and I have no problem with contraception..

The best population control is an educated, affluent society..

Taiwan is wealthy, democratic and has a very low birth rate today.

Frood

Quote from: "shin"Usually when someone mentions population control in reference to controversial solutions, the general consensus treats it like a lowest common denominator that no authoritarian body will admit to resorting to.

Governments approve the drugs, administer water guidelines, and influence what's allowed in the food chain. They also control what industry can and cannot do. Then there are the social controls they possess. Population control, whether intentional or not, has happened and will continue to happen imho.

I tend to believe that it's a combination of intentional and unintentional.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

No country has tackled population control to the extent China has and still does, though they are relaxing the rules..

You are right Fash. The cure for too many mouths to feed is education and prosperity. It works so well in Asia that Japan has more adults wearing diapers than babies. ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

You are right Fash. The cure for too many mouths to feed is education and prosperity. It works so well in Asia that Japan has more adults wearing diapers than babies. ac_wot

Too few children are a problem in Asia's wealthy countries.

shin

I heard the Chinese government only allows their citizens to have one child per couple, but I wonder if wealthy families find a way around this?

shin

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Governments approve the drugs, administer water guidelines, and influence what's allowed in the food chain. They also control what industry can and cannot do. Then there are the social controls they possess. Population control, whether intentional or not, has happened and will continue to happen imho.

Interesting post.

Do you think eugenics is a good or bad idea, despite the ethical issue it would present?

Frood

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Interesting post.

Do you think eugenics is a good or bad idea, despite the ethical issue it would present?

It already exists and has for a long time. Ethics doesn't come into it (not for most of us)

We all die one day. Certain people want certain groups of us to die today. The trick is knowing when its your own elected reps, a foreign group, or a combination of both.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I heard the Chinese government only allows their citizens to have one child per couple, but I wonder if wealthy families find a way around this?

I read they are not enforcing it that strictly if at all. But you raised a good point about money in China. If you got money you will never get bogged down in the bureaucracy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "shin"I heard the Chinese government only allows their citizens to have one child per couple, but I wonder if wealthy families find a way around this?

I read they are not enforcing it that strictly if at all. But you raised a good point about money in China. If you got money you will never get bogged down in the bureaucracy.

Mainland China has all but gotten rid of the one child policy..

Maybe not entirely de jure, but de facto.

shin

At the end of civilization, it will be China and India neck and neck.

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen a half Chinese half Indian person yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"At the end of civilization, it will be China and India neck and neck.

Some Nepalese look like that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"At the end of civilization, it will be China and India neck and neck.

China is the greatest continuous civilization the world has ever known or will know. The West is a pack of fucking neophytes.